- All reservations must be guaranteed by a valid credit card at time of booking. The Lodge at Nakoma reserves the right to either charge or pre-authorize the provided credit cards up to the full reservation amount at the point of reservation. Non-valid credit cards will result in automatic cancellation of the reservation.
- Customer information is required before check-in. This includes, but may not be limited to: name, email address, phone number, and address information. Guests with confirmed email addresses are added to the Nakoma Resort email newsletter, which contains information about events at Nakoma and its environs, as well as special promotional offers. Guests may opt-out of the newsletter by verbal and/or written request, or by simply clicking the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of the email.
- Reservations are confirmed only when the Guest receives the email confirmation from email@example.com with a confirmation number. A valid email address is required to confirm a reservation. No other communication or document from any party constitutes a reservation.
- The Lodge at Nakoma front desk is not open 24 hours: hours of operation vary seasonally and according to occupancy. Voicemails and third-party bookings are not in and of themselves confirmed reservations. Reservation requests by voicemail, email and/or third party will be processed in a reasonable amount of time in the order that they are received. Guests are strongly advised to call if they have not received an email confirmation before embarking for the Lodge at Nakoma.
- Please review our Cancellation Policy below. Securing your reservation with a credit card constitutes acceptance of the terms of our Cancellation Policy.
- Guests must be of 18 years of age to make a reservation. Children under the age of 18 may not occupy a room unless accompanied by an adult.
- Guests planning vacations are encouraged to purchase travel insurance.
The general Lodging Policy at the Lodge at Nakoma is for all behavior to be considerate of other guests in the hotel at all times, particularly between the hours of 10pm and 8am, the designated quiet time. The following specific policies are intended to ensure appropriate guest behavior. However any behavior that is inconsiderate of other guests or hotel staff or that endangers other guests or hotel staff is prohibited and can result in cancellation of the offending guest(s)’ reservation.
- The Lodge at Nakoma charges a $25 resort fee and collects a 9% transient occupancy tax as required by the County of Plumas.
- Guests may charge incidentals, food and beverages, services and merchandise to their room anywhere on Nakoma Resort property. These charges will appear on the bill for the stay at checkout.
- Guests at the Lodge at Nakoma and the Residences at Nakoma enjoy the use of the spa facilities at the Nakoma Clubhouse seasonally. The spa will be closed to Lodge at Nakoma and the Residences at Nakoma guests during the summer from the last week in May through the first week in September. During the rest of the year the hours of operation of the spa facility vary seasonally. Please check with the Front Desk staff for current hours of operation. The golf course is off limits to all but paying golfers. Entering the golf course from the Lodge or by any other means not prescribed by the rules of play is prohibited due to safety concerns.
- The Lodge at Nakoma is a 100% non-smoking facility. Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the hotel. Should it be determined that smoking has taken place in a guestroom, a $250.00 cleaning fee will be charged.
- Pets are not permitted at the Lodge at Nakoma and Nakoma Resort. Service Animals are permitted pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Under the ADA, a Service Animal is defined as a dog that has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. The ADA requires that service animals be under the control of the handler at all times. Guests with animals in violation of ADA requirements will be asked to leave. More information on ADA requirements can be found at: http://www.ada.gov/regs2010/service_animal_qa.html
- The lobby lounge, patio and outdoor recreation area are available to guests at any time during their stay. However, the hours between 10pm and 8am are “quiet time.” Guests occupying any common areas will refrain from making any loud noise during the quiet time period that could disturb other guests, such as music, loud talking, loud noises, etc..
- Guests are responsible for any damage and/or excessive soiling in the room not attributable to normal wear and tear that occurs during the stay. Guests discovering damage to a room should notify the front desk immediately. The resort reserves the right to charge the credit card on file for the cost of any damages.
- Guests will be charged for items of value removed from the room during stay. This does not include disposable items such as soap, shampoo, etc.
- Check-in is at 3:00pm. Check-out is at 11:00am. Failure to check out on time can lead to additional charges of $25 per half-hour increment. Please discuss with the front desk at check-in any special circumstances that may make an 11:00am check-out difficult.
- In making a reservation at the Lodge at Nakoma and the Residences at Nakoma, the guest accepts all terms and conditions of these guest policies.
- Regular Bookings: Regular Bookings are defined as reservations consisting of 4 room-nights or less, or reservations made within 7 days of check-in date. Regular Bookings are subject to a 24-hour cancellation policy; cancellations within 24 hours of check-in time/date will be charged 25% of room charges associated with the reservation.
- Group Bookings: Group Bookings are defined as reservations consisting of 5 or more room-nights and reserved 7 or more days in advance of the check-in time/date. Group booking cancellations within 7 days of the check-in day will result in a charge equal to 25% of the total room charges associated with the reservation. Group Bookings cancelled within 72 hours will be charged in full for the reservation. Block Reservations: Block Reservations are special accommodations made to groups associated with events at the resort, i.e. weddings, golf tournaments, etc. where there is an expectation that a number of parties associated with the event will make reservations within the block. Block Reservations will be released 60 days from check-in date. A deposit may be required to make a Block Reservation. Block Reservations appurtenant to events at other properties require a 25% non- refundable deposit.
- No refunds or credits will be issued for early check-out.
- No refunds or credits will be made for cancelled flights, car trouble (or other factors affecting ability to travel), inclement weather, illness, cancellation of event(s), or any other circumstance. Guests planning vacations are encouraged to purchase travel insurance.