The right setting transforms a moment. It elevates every second to unforgettable, makes masterpieces of the mundane. Places like this inspire us. They help us breathe more deeply; relax our shoulders a little bit more. Places like this remind us of what life is really about.
Nakoma is one of these places, a stunning jewel of the Sierra Nevada. It feels different out here. There’s extra magic in the air. Frank Lloyd Wright himself designed the clubhouse to embody connection—with the land, with the trees and the mountain air, with our closest friends and family, with ourselves.
Remote as it is scenic, Nakoma feels untouchable by the outside world when you’re here. Lose track of time on The Dragon, a golf course as legendary as the hills themselves here in gold country. Lose the stress of the daily grind at the Spa at Nakoma, over a drink at FLoW Bar|Lounge, or dining in the Wigwam Room. Lose yourself in the peaceful beauty of this place, and keep every moment here close.
There’s a lot to be said for mountain-town hospitality. It’s what makes life at Nakoma truly special. Whatever the season, Nakoma will make a believer out of anyone.
Find yourself in the Lost Sierra. Discover Nakoma…Live Elevated
- 1,280 acres with only 400 homesites
- 4,600 – 5,400 feet elevation
- Mild weather with four seasons
- Average temperatures: Summer 82 degrees, Winter 29 degrees
- Average snowfall: 32 inches
- Average rainfall: 14 inches
- Over 200 acres of open space
Abundant recreation surrounds you
- Championship golf courses
- Undiscovered hiking trails
- Uncrowded state and national parks
- World-class trout fishing
- Epic cycling and mountain biking
- Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing
- Horseback riding
- The world’s largest diesel train museum
- Pacific Crest Trail nearby
Contact Sales Department
Come visit our newly remodeled real estate office in the Clubhouse at Nakoma!